December 2, 2009

Yummy Yarn and Test Knitting


Just yesterday I starting doing a test knit. This is my first test knit...but it's a cowl. Even through the rain I went to the LYS that was open to get yarn and needles for this. I found this awesome yarn that's sparkly and make of alpaca and merino. It's Nashua Handknits Ivy in camel. Lately I've had a thing for yarns that have some sparkle in them. This one is great but the little sparkle threads are hard to photograph. It doesn't help that it's cloudy today so taking these photos was hard.


(Nashua Handknits Ivy in camel)

While at the LYS I got some gorgeous super soft yarn for my swap partner in a mystery swap I am doing. I want to take the yarn for myself and make the pattern I'm including with it too! Lastly while there I got addi turbo needles. These are my first set, I wanted to stick to the Hiya Hiya needles but they did not have them at this LYS. My normal LYS is closed on Tuesdays..which is a random day and I needed that stuff NOW.




(On bottom: The Unique Sheep, Verve in fly fishing
On top: Misti Alpaca, Hand Paint Lace in Piney Woods)

On my way to the LYS I got a package in the mail. It was my yarn from Eat. Sleep. Knit. I was super excited but had to wait to open it till I got home. When I ordered these yarns I was in the Black Friday rush of things so I didn't even remeber what I had bought. I got a skein of The Unique Sheep Verve yarn in fly fishing (that's the green, blue, orange one), also a skein of Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Lace in Piney Woods. Wish I had all this time and about 24 hands so I could knit all these projects at once. Right now I'm going to go knit while I have the time. Still have to do my irrigation drawing final that is due tomorrow and all my shows come on tonight (modern family, and Eastwick).




(Misti Alpaca, Hand Paint Lace in Piney Woods)