November 28, 2009

Welcome World



Starting a blog is always an awkward thing to do. This is my millionth blog that I have started. The gardening blog that I had went on for a while. Gardening has just drained me along with work so now it's knitting time. For now the layout will look like this but i will be fixing it to accomidate my tastes.

Yesterday was black friday, of course I had to go shopping for yarn. I got an email the night before about the black friday sale at my local LYS. When I saw that they had the Dream in Color  Starry yarn I had to go. Just that day I was reading the Yarn Harlots blog and saw she had socks made with this yarn. It is just beautiful and glowing.

At the LYS i bought Dreams in Color Starry in  Cocoa Kiss. I'm in a dark color phase even though I tried to grab brighter more vibrant colors, I just couldn't. I plan on making a scarf or cowl from it because if I don't I won't use it. Next I bought some Noro Kureyon 150. I've seen all the projects on Ravelry and the scarf by Brooklyn Tweed. I just had to get it eventually, so now was the time. I bought 3 skein of the Noro in a beautivul blue green grey purple color. I'll be doing an entrelac project (my first entrelac). The Wellenreiter scarf is just perfect. Lastly I grabbed 3 skeins of Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy in a dark navy blue. I thought that would be a enough for a sweater. When I got home and looked for patterns I found it was not enough. I've never knit a sweater before so clearly I wouldn't know how much yarn one takes. I did find a patter for a tank that was just my style (Summer Funnel Sleeveless Top). Lastly I got a pair of circulars for the cowl I cast up above. They are my first Hiya Hiya needles. So far I love them!

Not only did I purchase from my local LYS but also Eat. Sleep. Knit. I got 10% off my order and 1274 yards to the Yarnathon. This morning I purchased lots of yarn from KnitPicks for Christmas presents. It's going to be hard to get those presents done on time (9 cowls!!).

(Dream in Color Starry in Cocoa Kiss)



(Noro Kureyon 150 and Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy)


(Curently project with stitchmarker I received from a swap)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm your first commenter. Found your comment on Ravelry re: blogs and thought I'd come over with congrats for the new blog. I'll be reading!
Melissa
(Meltrier on Rav)
www.shesjustsaying.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new blog... I love your photos!

Post a Comment